Monday, 27 April 2015

Forever Living Products Review

Hello Lovelies,

I was recently given a trial basket of items from Forever Living to try out. The idea is you get to try the items for a few days to see what you think of them before returning the basket.


Aloe Jojoba shampoo and conditioner

The shampoo is really thick and concentrated, the back of the bottle says to use sparingly and that it would last 6-8 weeks which I can believe. The scent of the shampoo reminded me of baby shampoo - it lathered very well and cleaned nicely. My hair felt soft and wasn't as stripped as it usually is after washing. Unfortunately the bottle of conditioner was empty so I wasn't able to test this, but the bottle's scent reminded me of hand cream.


Aloe sun screen

This is a spray on sun screen - it didn't really have scent to it which was an added bonus as others I have tried have smelt like peach or other fruity scents. It's also water proof which would be a bonus for a day out on the beach, it was easy to spray on and rub in, though it wasn't an even spray. My biggest problem with this was that after a few minutes it became very itchy, a little while after that my skin went red, I really wasn't expecting to react to this but did but I sometimes react to some beauty products, I'm still not sure why!



Aloe Propolis Creme

This was quite a thick gel-like cream that smelt a lot like coca butter in the tube, Once on the skin it absorbed very quickly, BUT the scent changed, I'm not really sure how to describe it but it wasn't as sweet smelling as it was before.



Aloe Vera Gelly

This didn't have a smell, it was quite slow to absorb too. I tried this on on my wrist scar and it did make the skin over it more flexible and softer.



Aloe Heat Lotion

This had a really strong menthol smell, upon initial skin contact there was a pleasant warming sensation. How ever it became rather tingly and started to sting much like the sun screen, so I washed it off before I go to try it properly.



Aloe scrub

This had a very soapy smell - I rather like the blue colour as well! It was very thick and full of microbeads so when scrubbed it ex-foliated. This left my skin very soft and smooth.



Sunless tanning lotion

This had a very neutral smell though, it had a hint of coca butter about it. It looked like a very thick cream but I decided not to try this one out - I am ridiculously ghost pale and find that any self tan is far, far too dark, and after reactions to some of the other products in the range I thought it better not to risk it.


 

Marine Mask 

This was a super thick mask product - It reminded me a lot of some of the other clay based masks I have used. It had quite a sea smell to it and left my skin rather smooth.


Bath Gelee

This was another product I didn't get to test out properly - it did smell rather strong though, it reminded me of Radox.


 

Aloe hand and face soap

This was my favourite product from the whole selection. It had a lovely fresh smell that almost reminded my of hand cream, the soap itself was smooth and pearlescent looking and it foamed, cleaned and moisturised my hands whilst washing very well.



Aloe Vera moisturising lotion

This smelt of aloe, it was rather thick white cream, but it absorbed quite quickly. It left my skin feeling smooth and supple.



Hand Sanitizer

This smelt quite sweet in the bottle but sort of citrus-y on skin contact. It left my skin rather soft after use unlike quite few of the hand sanitizers I've had over the years.



Aloe activator and mask powder

I left this product till last as it was the one I was most looking forward to trying and would also take the longest to try. This is two products that you combine into one and apply as a face mask. These have been described as botox in a bottle so I was rather excited to try it out. To mix up you take 1tsp of each and mix them together into a thin paste, apply in an upwards and outwards motion, leave for half an hour and try not to move your face (Easier said than done!). It took me a while to get it mixed well enough as it kept going rather lumpy, but that was probably user error! The smell of this really reminded me of the dentist! Which is a little worrying!! I persevered and applied it to my face after having exfoliated as suggested on the box. Shortly after I felt my skin going rather tight and dry ask the mask started working - moving my face wasn't an issue with this stuff as it held it rather tight! After half an hour I washed off and moisturised as directed on the box. My skin was left feel very smooth and soft but oh my gosh, so RED! How ever it has faded quite quickly, I'm not sure why it was so red when I washed it off but it does look and feel good now!

It was really fun to try these things out even though I reacted to a couple of them. However what I would say is these are luxury items and are definitely on what I'd say is a luxury price tag, but the Aloe activator and mask powder are worth it - definitely a lot cheaper than botox, and if you wanted to treat yourself to something special this would be the range to buy!


If you are interested in ordering the products, you can visit the store below:
Rachel McKenna - Forever Living

Ta-ta for now,
x


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, so many products! I've never heard of this brand before... I've got really sensitive skin so I don't know how well they'll work with me ^^"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either, they are really nice but I have sensitive skin too and I'm not so sure it agrees with mine. I tend to buy Etudé Houses which seem to suit me fine :)

      Delete