Saturday 10 March 2012

New watch strap

Hello lovelies!

Today's post is a customised watch strap!


This watch was given to me by my Fiancé many years ago. I had already had the strap changed once around a year ago as the old one wore out, but the one I had it replaced with was awful, it kept undoing, looked rubbish and was generally annoying. So rather than just throwing it in a drawer and forgetting about it, I decided to have a go at making my own. So you if you want to have a go at making your own too, all you need is some beads, 10 gauge wire or thread, beads, a couple of jump rings and a clasp, take a look at some of the steps below.

Step one


















Firstly take your watch and cut the straps off - I found using a seam ripper worked really well and only took seconds to do!

Step two

Measure a length of wire equal to one of the original straps of the watch. Wrap this around the watch faces bars, or if these are missing thread it through the holes in the watch face. As you wrap the wire around the post thread a bead on.


Step three

Thread the rest of your beads on in any pattern you like. Attach your clasp to the end of the wire. (I used a jump ring for this, but you can just attach it straight to the wires)

Step four

Repeat for the other side and attach some jump rings to the end of the wire for the clasp to attach too. If you are feeling really fancy you can thread some beads on to the jump rings too! And that's it! One fancy finished watch!





2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful idea! Thank you for posting <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Thank you Violet! I'm sorry for the late reply, it didn't tell me someone had left a comment!

    ReplyDelete