Wednesday 20 August 2014

Reinbo Neko - ~*~NEW SPONSOR! ~*~

Hello Lovelies,

That's right - You've read correctly, Kitt N' Kaboodle has its very first sponsor, the wonderful Reinbo Neko! Before we get on to the review item I thought it would be nice to do an interview with the owner of Reinbo Neko - The lovely Tia!



 Q: So we know your name is Tia and you own Reinbo Neko! Tell us a bit more about yourself?

A: Well, I will try to keep this brief and hopefully interesting! I've always been an artist, I started drawing as soon as I could pick up a pencil. Throughout my life I discovered many different types of art and crafts and decided I pretty much loved it all. In 2011 I graduated from university with a degree in Illustration with Animation. I'm also a lefty, I love cats, and it is my dream to visit Japan
Q: What made you want to start Reinbo Neko?



A: I started off as an illustrator, but that didn't really work out for me and I felt like I lost some of the passion for it after doing it for three years in university. Crafting helped me to discover new ways to be creative again and I find it so much fun! My interest in Japanese and alternative fashion led me to start designing quirky accessories, which then resulted in the creation of Reinbo Neko

Q: What’s your favourite thing about owning Reinbo Neko?

A: I love sharing my creations with other people. It's such a good feeling with someone receives something I've made and they love it. It's a little thing that makes a big difference to me. Overall though, I just enjoy making things and I'm glad Reinbo Neko gives me that platform to showcase it.

Q: What would you like Reinbo Neko to acheive in the future?

A: I'm planning big things for future! Going back to my illustration roots, I plan to create some designs based my original drawings and characters. I feel this will create a more unique feel for Reinbo Neko and it also allows me to combine different skills. My partner is also very creative himself and he supports my dream. As his style is darker and more gothic, we've been talking about some designs that he could create with a bit of a darker twist, as a separate range within Reinbo Neko. As well as this, I also plan to start attending conventions and events across the UK, where people will be able to see and buy my creations in person. I did my first stall for Reinbo Neko recently at a small convention in Manchester called Mancstercon and I very much enjoyed the experience.

Q: Everything at Reinbo Neko is handmade, how long do you spend crafting on a weekly basis?

A: Unfortunately my creative things don't pay the bills, so I also work a full time job during the week. My time for crafting is normally within a Friday, Saturday or Sunday at the moment, when I'm not doing other things. It is my intention to be able to create things full time one day though.

Q: Do you try and incorporate cute things into your decor at home or at the office?

A: Of course! I love to be surrounded by inspiration. I have a rather colourful home and I often make my own decorations, especially on occasions such as Christmas. I do however like to be inspired by other people's work too, so I do also have artwork around the place from various different artists and illustrators.



And just for fun!

Q: If you could have any job in the world what would it be?

A: Probably just to craft full time and maybe open my own little shop somewhere. I think that would be nice. I don't want to be rich, I just want to be happy and do things I enjoy.

Q: Do you have a favourite food?

A: My favourite food is Thai food, particularly Thai green curry and coconut sticky rice!

I'd just like to say thank you to Tia for choosing me as a sponsee (Is that the right word?) I've chosen a very cute little Alpaca necklace and the review will be coming very shortly. Having brought from Reinbo Neko before I know I'll love it and that I'm very much looking forward to working with them in future! I'm also super jelly of her amazing make up skills! I wish I could do that!

Ta-ta for now
X

No comments:

Post a Comment