Sunday 18 December 2011

Nottinghill Reading - An everything for £5 store!



On Saturday I ventured into Reading on the bus to meet a friend for coffee!

After we were finished at the lovely Boswell's café (I would highly recommend their Skinny Caramel Latte's!) We made our way through the Christmas shoppers in the Broad Street Mall to the Nottinghill store.



Nottinghill is clothing store which offers Women's clothing, accessories and shoes. Any item in the store is £5.00. They have also introduced a small children's clothing range. The store is quite big, well laid out and has a nice atmosphere (probably from all of the happy shoppers!) Large range of clothing, and an ENTIRE wall of shoes!! I'm guessing by the multiple labels they work in the same sort of way as many of the £stores. I would say however that most of their sizes seem to be around the 8-12 UK size, but if you look hard enough you will find others.

On this particular trip I purchased these shoes from a label I don't recognise. They are super comfy, and I love the fairisle print on them! Perfect for this time of year.


I also bought a brown cardigan, the odd thing is though, it's an Edinburgh Wool Mill product. I don't think I've ever seen anything of theirs reduced to £5 in their own stores let a lone a discount store, so I was really pleased with my find!
The staff in the store are really polite and helpful. They do have a exchange policy in place - items can be exchanged up to two weeks after purchase, but they won't refund. They do have a separate policy for jewellery, but as I wasn't buying that, the cashier didn't advise me of it. They also don't accept cards, so if you are intending to purchase in here, you will need cash!
So in summary, if you are looking for a bargain that is possibly cheaper than Primark, and possibly from one of the big high street labels head to Nottinghill! I'll definitely be going back in a few weeks as stock seems to change rather quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment