1 small ripe mango
1 medium banana
A handful of grapes
100g low fat plain natural yogurt
- Squeeze the lemon half, discarding any pips. Empty this into a bowl big enough to contain all the fruit. The lemon juice will stop the rest of the fruit turning brown.
- Carefully peel and chop up the mango, banana and kiwi into small chunks. Place in the bowl with the lemon juice.
- Cut the cherries in half and pull out the stones. (If you have a cherry stone remover it'll cut down on time!) Add this in with the other fruits and juice.
- Cut the grapes in half and add these to the bowl too.
- Using a spoon, toss the fruit in the lemon juice till everything is coated. Place the bowl to one side.
- Spread the yogurt in the bottom of the bowl or lunch box, empty the fruit onto this.
- When ready to eat, sprinkle the muesli over the top of the fruit, and hey presto! A tasty fruit salad!
Mini tomato and herb breads
100g self raising flour
2 tbls dried basil
1 tsp Dunn's River Jerk Seasoning
2 tbls tomato puree
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C (I am using a fan assisted over, so you may need to account for this) Lightly grease a baking tray and set to one side.
- Place the flour in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and pour this in with the flour and stir using a spoon until mixed in.
- Add the basil, jerk seasoning, mozzarella and salt and pepper, mix again.
- Add the tomato puree and mix for the last time.
- Dust your hands with flour, and pull some of the mix from the bowl, roll this between your hands to form a small ball, roughly the size of a meatball and place on the tray. Keep going until you've used all the dough.
- Bake in the over for 25 minutes. When done the outsides should be hard to the touch.
- Transfer to a rack and allow to cool.
Rice and chicken salad
3/4 cup cooked rice
4 slices of wafer thin chicken
2 medium carrots
Soy sauce (optional)
- Peel and grate the carrots into the bowl.
- Drain the sweet corn and this to the carrots and mix.
- Cut up the apple and add this to the bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon discarding any pips and empty into the bow.
- Stir the lemon juice through the carrot, sweetcorn and apple mix.
- Shred the chicken slices and add to the vegetables.
- Add in the rice and stir the salad well.
- If using soy sauce, add this to taste when you come to eat the salad!
Well, that's all for today, I do hope you like the recipes, and there should be another update soon!