Sunday 20 September 2015

~*~ REVIEW ~*~ Etude House Dear Girls Oil Control Pact - Positive

Hello Everyone!


I recently purchased a small haul of make up! After posting a photo to the sites Facebook page quite a few people asked me to review my purchases when they arrived, so as promised, here's a review for the first that arrived, Etude House's Dear Girls Oil pact.

Now, my reason for purchasing this is quite simple, I suffer from combination skin and usually use a UK purchased coloured powder compact to combat this, which was all fine and dandy until I realised that despite trying several different brands, both high and low brand, NONE of them match my skin tone. Not even close. (Don't get me started on foundation, that's a story for another day!) The closet match I could find was oddly Poundlands own brand, but it seems like this is never in stock in the right shade.


So off I set on the internet to try and find something that was suitable for combination skin that wouldn't leave me looking like a can of Tango. I did consider buying the same pact I had before from Etude house but I couldn't find any for sale and came across the Dear Girls pact and Zero Sebum. I went for the Dear Girls powder as I wanted a compact I could easily throw in my bag and take out and about with me. So I placed my order online (This was not direct from Etude but the AU Rose Rose shop.) Then waited for my make up to turn up! This didn't take very long to arrive at all and came wrapped up in bubble wrap in a sturdy box.



First things first, look out how cute the packaging is! I really love Etude's attention to detail with these boxes, they are always bright and happy looking. The box also has the ingredients list and other useful information in Korean and in English.


Inside was the compact! This is made of a smooth plastic with the Dear Girls logo on it. It feels very well made and is easy to open, but not so easy that it would come open in your bag.


Opening the compact you'll find a mirror, a sponge for applying the power and the powder itself. The mirror is great, it's very clear and not blurred at all.


The powder has an adorable bird design on it! It smells quite delicate and isn't heavily fragranced.


The puff is perfect for picking up just the right amount of powder and lets you apply it where you need it smoothly. It's very easy to apply as it just glides on. 


Being white I was a little worried this would wash me out as I am already quite pale, but it didn't at all. (I didn't blend this in so well on my hand so you could see where the powder was, else it's fairly invisible!) I was really pleased with how long this lasted - I usually apply make up before leaving for work (around 6:30-7:15am) and this lasted till about 3:00pm before I needed to touch it up! It's also very light so it doesn't feel like your skin is caked in powder.

I'm really pleased with this purchase and I'd definitely buy it again. At just under £5 I think this is well worth the price as a little goes quite a long way too!

Have you tried out this compact before? Let me know you thoughts in the comments!

Ta-Ta for now,
X

2 comments:

  1. This was a really good review! Very helpful. I'm watching for other cosmetics reviews like this. :D

    ReplyDelete