Thursday 29 May 2014

Fancying up a bike jacket

Hello my lovelies!

As some of you might know, I'm taking the first steps to getting my motorbike licence this weekend! I'm so excited! I've always wanted a motorbike, ever since I was little! I've had bike gear for awhile now as I've ridden pillion on my husbands bike, but I rather though my black jacket was boring. So I decided to add some patches to it!



If you search the internet you can just about find a embroidered patch for anything! I found so many but decided I really wanted some Stargate patches (I know, it's not quite my usual cute theme, but I've got my eye on some Sailor Moon ones now too!) The patches above came with a LOCK name tag as well, but for the life of me I couldn't get that to stick properly, so it's ended up being disguarded.



The biggest problem I had with these is they need to be ironed on and not sewn on (poking lots of holes in protective gear is not a good idea!) For what ever reason they were almost impossible to get them to adhere to the jacket, the glue just made it ridiculously hard for it to actually stick to anything. After about 15-20 minutes I did manage to get them stuck on and they do look pretty good! I think I may have to go back over the SG1 patch at some point as the edges aren't quite stuck on well enough for my liking. I imagine using a heat gun (carefully!!) would make these easier to apply.

At some point I'd love to get a white or pink jacket that I could cover with cuter patches! If you could customise a jacket with patches what would use? Can you think of any I should add to my jacket?

Ta-ta for now!
X

2 comments: