Friday 19 September 2014

YouBeauty - Discovery box - September

Hello Lovelies,


Today's post is a review on the YouBeauty discovery box (YouBeauty Discovery). I've seen a few of these beauty boxes floating about recently, the general idea is you can pick one or two items that you'd like to try and you get a few mystery ones too. There was an offer floating about to try this months box for free so I thought I'd give it ago - the normal cost is £6.95 a month which I think is a pretty good deal! It's really simple to order and choose what items you'd like to try, because of the free trial offer a lot of the items were out of stock but I still managed to find some that'd I'd like to try. I think this was dispatched about 4 days after I placed the order and it was delivered via Myhermes in a little plastic packet. I have to admit when it arrived the size of it made me think it was just going to be full of those little sachets you get inside magazines, but I was happily wrong!


This is what I found when I unwrapped the package - it's quite a sturdy little box and definitely would be re-useable.



Inside was a little booklet, full of offers and descriptions of the included products.




Under the booklet was the first of my chosen items - Eyeko London hydrogel eye patches. I used to buy Eyeko Beauty products when they first came out and everything had a Manga twist to it, and thought I'd like to try some more of their products. These patches are for reducing puffiness, bags and de-stressing and I'm looking forward to trying them!
 

Some Crabtree and Evelyn tea bags - These smell lovely, I didn't realise that C&E made tea as well as beauty products.


A make-up sponge! These are always super useful, this one is quite nice and smoothly applies makeup.



Mavadry - This was the second of my chosen products, this dries any nail polish in 60 seconds! Perfect for me as I'm such a fidgit and always manage to smudge the polish before it's set.
 

This was the last of the mystery products, Toni & Guy Glamour Volume Pumping Whip. I'm really pleased with it, My hair is quite short at the moment and this gives some great lift, it's very easy to use as well.



It's a very odd texture, it's almost like a dense foam? It smells quite lovely too. It doesn't seem to make my hair heavy or sticky either and I think I'd also buy this again once it runs out.


Stuck in the bottom of the box was another offer for a food service, I'm not sure that's its something I'd use but it was an interesting concept.

I'm really impressed by this box and for £6.95 a month I think that's a pretty good deal. I had originally intended to just get one box but might wait and see what's in the next one before cancelling. I do like to try new beauty products and this seems a very good way to try them out with out investing a lot of money.

Ta-ta for now
X

No comments:

Post a Comment