Monday 15 December 2014

Glasgow!

Hello Lovelies!


If you've ever wondered if I'm capable of looking some what human at 3:00am then the picture above is it! A while ago we had a business trip to Glasgow with a very early start!


We flew from Heathrow and it's changed quite a bit since I last went anywhere - there are little pods now that you can take from the car park to the airport! The design reminds me a lot of Honda's Asimo and are definitely very space aged!


Inside are the pods are little screens that tell you different information and show how far you are away from the air port. You can just about fit five people and luggage in one of these!


Early morning airport! I was surprised it was this busy this early in the morning.


In Glasgow we spotted two different Tardis's! I'm not sure why one was red but they were pretty cool anyhow! Our office is right off the high street and there were quite a few different shops to look at, though as it was such a short trip we didn't get much time to look.


I've forgotten the name of the restaurant but we went for a curry after work.


The Citizen M hotel! I've never been to one of these hotels before and they are a little bizzare! (Not in a bad way though!) They are definitely great for sole travellers though, I'm not sure how they'd be for couples thought (I'll get onto why I think that in a moment.) Check in/out is all automated on touch screen computers.


In the hotel was a Samsung tablet, everything  is controlled from here, the TV, the A/C the lighting, even the blinds! It was super easy to use though.


The sink is right in front of you as you walk in the door, this struck me as super odd and possibly rather un-hygenic as the bathroom is in that little pod on the right hand side of the second picture! That's right, the bathroom/shower is in a semi-translucent pod!!! This is why I said the rooms are suited to single travellers rather than couples. I'm not sure what they were thinking with this but why on earth would you want to watch your room mate in the bathroom! The other think that struck me was the gigantic bed, it's literally the width of the room! I have to say I did find the room a little claustrophobic, everything was wedged in and I don't think I'd want to share it with anyone.


View from the window in the morning. I didn't bother with the hotel breakfast, I'd read reviews saying that it wasn't very good, and some others that I went with commented that it wasn't very nice.



We managed to find some interesting food! Including a deep fried Mars bar, a deep fried pizza and some really lovely macaroni cheese (one of my favourites) The deep fried pizza was a bit odd as it tasted really sweet to me!

Have you ever been to Glasgow? Where are your favourite places to go or see? Let me know in the comments below!

Ta-ta for now
X



No comments:

Post a Comment