Monday 6 July 2015

REVIEW: Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara ~*~ Postitive~*~


Hello Lovelies!

Today I thought I'd share with you a Max Factor mascara I recently received through a SoPost campaign. This mascara is the False Lash Effect in Black. I used to use Max Factor mascaras many years ago, back when the Max Factor Masterpiece mascara used to come in a gold and clear tube, with the Memoirs of a Geisha sticker on! (Wow, I feel old now!) Having loved the Ruby Tuesday lipstick, I thought I'd give this one a go too. I received the above in a jiffy bag - there's two little phamphlets and the mascara - side note: The mascara wasn't sealed in anyway which I thought was a tad odd?


It's quite a chunky tube, so you rather feel like you're getting a lot of product for your money. The tube promises full lashes and a natural look - Sounds good to me! I have a pretty good set of natural lashes but they aren't very dark, so mascara is a go-to product for me.


The brush is a little different than I'm use too, it's more defined and the individual brushes are a little stumpier than usual. The wand is a really good length though! There's nothing worse than a tiny wand and trying to negotiate not poking yourself in the eye whilst avoiding your nose because the end of the handle is too short!


So here's me, pulling funny faces for you! This is before the mascara, the only thing on my eyes is eye shadow.



After! You can certainly see a difference! This is one coat of the product.




What I really liked about this was that the coverage and lash effect is buildable by waiting for it to dry and then applying another layer! But even with one coat it has given longer, fuller looking lashes!


I'm really impressed with this mascara, so much so that I will most likely buy it again once it runs out, it's just that good. The shade of black also impressed me, it's definitely a jet black unlike some of the lighter greyish blacks I have seen about. It also lasts until I take it off at night as well which is an added bonus. I was way more impressed with this mascara than one of the more expensive MAC ones I recently tried out.

Have you tried out this mascara? Have questions or comments? Let me know below in the comments!

Ta-ta for now!
X



No comments:

Post a Comment