Wednesday 22 October 2014

You Beauty Discovery Box - October ~*~ Positive ~*~


Hello Lovelies!


Today's post is a review of the October You Beauty Discovery box.


This months box was dedicated to Hand Bag heroes - things that you can pop in your bag and take out and about with you. I'm not really sure I'd agree with that Handbag hero's part as the two standard items seems to be anti-aging products!



As before there was a little booklet explaining what each of the items were, how to use them and a couple of discounts as well. I opted for the perfume and lipstick, though in retrospect I wish I'd gone for the eye shadow instead of the perfume.



The first thing I found in the box was this little sachet of Cowshed Anti-ageing night serum - Apparently the RRP for this is rather high so I'm looking forward to trying it, though I'm not really sure I need anti-aging products yet!


This was the other set item - a bottle of gold collagen drink for ages 40+. Now I'm quite happy to say I am no where near 40 and I'm not convinced how good drinking this for you would be! I've not tried it yet and not sure I will.


Illamasqua Glamore lipstick in Cherub - This was one of my pick items and I'm glad I did, I'd heard lots about Illamasqua and jumped at the chance to try out their product. I love the shade - its a orangey red. It's also great at staying where applied and doesn't seem to dry out my lips.



This was the other of my chosen items Nilan perfume - I love the way this is presented, how ever I'm not so sure about the scent - it's quite heavy. It's also not a spray bottle which I prefer and would keep in my handbag, so this is sitting pretty at home on my dressing table.

So this months box was a bit hit and miss but I'm definitely happy with my lipstick! I've rated this box as positive as the lipstick alone would have been £18.50 and the box only cost £6.95 so I'm pretty pleased with this and can't wait to see what the options are for next months box!

Ta-ta for now,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment