Friday 13 September 2013

~*~ Food Review ~*~ Itsu Noodles: Original Thai Flavour - Postitive

Hello my lovelies!

Today I will be reviewing Itsu's new instant noodle cups. This is not a sponsored review.




Itsu was founded by the people originally behind the idea for Pret a Manger and their Eat Beautiful range is designed to offer tasty and easy snacks and foods on the go. I'd seen these a couple of times in Sainsburys and decided to purchase one for lunch. The noodles come in Original Thai flavour ot Spicy Thai flavour. I opted for the Original Thai as I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to spice! They are currently priced around £2.26. Sainsburys is the only place to offer the noodles for purchase, Waitrose does have the rice cakes, seaweeds and other snacky type items. The pots are pretty large, bright and colourful so which really attracts your eye to them on the shelf in store.



So what do you get in the pot?

Inside the rather large pot

The contents
 Inside the pot you get a funny pink spork, a pack of fresh udon noodles, a packet of broth and vegetables. All you need to do to make them is empty everything into the pot, add boiling water to the fill line, stir carefully and leave it for three minutes! (I popped the lid back on mine as I was worried about knocking it over.)

Everything in the pot

Add water

Stir and lid on!
So, what was it like? I have to say it wasn't what I expected but not in a bad way. The broth was more watery than I was expecting and the overall flavour was tomato and lemongrass. I guess I was expecting something more coconut based, but it was still really tasty! I'd definitely take up the suggestion on the pot of using left overs in it as well as pretty much anything would go well with this. The spork is a little fiddley to use till you get the hang of it, but I've kept it for future use.



For around £2.60 this is cheaper than most sandwiches, probably better for you and good value too. I'd definitely buy it again and it'd be something handy to leave in my desk draw in case I forget my lunch. I'd also recommend trying their chocolate rice cakes - the mocha and white chocolate ones were really good!

Ta-ta for now!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment